2018 CADILLAC CTS-V: the pinnacle of V-series’ passion without compromise
The 2018 Cadillac CTS-V is a performance-driven super sedan with sophisticated technology to enhance the quality of each ride. The CTS-V is engineered proof of Cadillac’s V-series promise of passion without compromise.
Building on the strength of a strong year in endurance racing, the Cadillac CTS-V is the street-inspired version of the championship-winning Cadillac DPi-V.R race car. The 2018 CTS-V is built for performance and equipped with luxury — including new smart auto-activated heated steering wheel and Apple Watch integration.
Cadillac owners who use the myCadillac mobile app for iOS will now also be able to integrate with Apple Watch. The app will automatically appear and sync with Apple Watch, allowing owners quick access to common commands.
For this model, buyers will be able to choose from additional exterior colors Satin Steel Gray Metallic, Vector Blue Metallic and Genesis Metallic.
Leveraging the strength of the award-winning rear-wheel drive architecture that also underpins the Cadillac ATS, Cadillac ATS Coupe, Cadillac ATS-V Sedan and Coupe, Cadillac CTS sedan and Cadillac CTS V-Sport, the 2018 Cadillac CTS-V super sedan delivers the most capable V-Series ever — a luxury sedan with sophisticated road manners and unprecedented performance, with true track capability straight from the factory.
Key features include:
- A supercharged 6.2L V8 engine mated to a paddle-shift eight-speed automatic transmission
- Standard carbon fiber hood and available carbon fiber package, including carbon fiber splitter, hood vent, rear spoiler and rear diffuser for greater aerodynamic performance
- Brembo high-performance brake system developed to provide durability, consistency and the capability for track-day performance straight from the factory
- Segment-best, third-generation Magnetic Ride Control delivering 40-percent faster damping response
- Driver-selectable driving modes for touring, sport, snow and track
- Segment-exclusive, racing-derived Performance Traction Management system with five additional modes allowing the driver to select the level of desired system assistance, matched for driver skill or road condition
- Launch Control enabling full-throttle acceleration from a stop for maximum performance
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer-only tri-compound tires offer excellent grip with extended tire wear
- Available segment-exclusive Performance Data Recorder enabling drivers to record, view and analyze driving experiences by capturing real-time video, cabin audio and performance data
- An interior with high-performance seats and ergonomics offering a driver-focused interface with carbon fiber trim and sueded microfiber accents
Introducing the 2018 Cadillac CTS-V Glacier Metallic Edition
Cadillac today announced the exclusive 2018 Cadillac CTS-V Glacier Metallic Edition, painted a smoky light gray that celebrates Cadillac’s 115-year history. The Edition will be limited to 115 CTS-V super sedans produced in 2017 for model year 2018.
Accenting the anniversary color are standard illuminated door handles, dark red Brembo® brake calipers and 19-inch forged polish-finished alloy wheels with Midnight Silver painted pockets, creating a unique look for Cadillac’s ultimate driver’s car.
The interior features Jet Black RECARO® race-inspired sport seats, the Performance Data Recorder system featuring COSWORTH Toolbox analysis software, UltraView sunroof, the industry–first Rear Camera Mirror and the next-generation Cadillac user experience infotainment system.
The Cadillac CTS-V super sedan is powered by a supercharged 6.2L V-8 engine SAE certified at 640 horsepower (477 kW) and 630 lb-ft of torque (855 Nm). It employs an efficient, compact supercharger matched with direct injection and Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation). Power is transferred exclusively to the rear wheels through an 8-speed sport automatic transmission with Performance Algorithm Shifting. The highly advanced Performance Traction Management system, developed through a two-year engineering embed with Cadillac Racing in Pirelli World Challenge, adds five track-oriented modes (from Wet to Race) plus Launch Control to ensure the most powerful Cadillac ever sold can adapt perfectly to track conditions and driver comfort level.
All new Cadillac V-Series models include tuition and accommodation at the 2-day Cadillac V-Performance Academy at Spring Mountain (offer valid for 1 year, reserved for the original owner of each new, unused model year 2017 and newer Cadillac ATS-V and CTS-V models).
The 2018 Cadillac CTS-V Glacier Metallic Edition is available for $103,885 including destination freight charges but excluding tax, title, license and dealer fees. The U.S. production run for the CTS-V Glacier Metallic Edition begins this month, and 105 of the 115 vehicles produced will be immediately available through U.S. Cadillac dealers. A list of available inventory will be updated at www.Cadillac.com.
All 2018 Cadillac CTS-V Glacier Metallic Edition super sedans include the following equipment, in addition to standard CTS-V features:
- Cadillac Glacier Metallic exterior paint
- 19-inch V-Series forged polished finish alloy wheels with Midnight Silver painted pockets
- Carbon Fiber Package:
- Carbon fiber front splitter
- Carbon fiber hood vent
- Carbon fiber rear spoiler
- Carbon fiber rear diffuser
- Tri-zone climate control
- Split-folding rear seat with armrest
- Heated rear outboard seating positions
- Power rear-window sunshade
- Manual rear side-window sunshades
- 110-volt power outlet
- Rear Camera Mirror
Next-Generation Cadillac user experience
- Cloud-based driver preferences
- Predictive navigation with available real-time traffic
- Collections application suite
The CTS-V Glacier Metallic Edition also includes:
- RECARO® performance seats
- Performance Data and Video Recorder system
- UltraView sunroof
- Red Brembo® brake calipers